Wednesday, April 13, 2016

In the Kitchen

For the cover image's baked good, I first had to check my pantry and see what ingredients I had to buy. I made a list of items I needed and went to the store. Blueberries, lemons, mint leaves, flowers.

Now I have all my ingredients, and I'm ready to start baking.

I got out my great uncle's old recipe book and began making a Genoise cake (adding lemon juice to the batter).

     

After making this basic batter, I used a tablespoon measure to scoop the batter evenly into mini cupcake pan lined with cupcake wrappers.


Then, I placed a few washed blueberries into each cup, and baked them at 350 until golden brown.

I made an icing that my mother taught me how to make as a kid. It was her go-to recipe. It is simply: Powdered sugar, milk, and lemon juice stirred together.

Now that the cupcakes are cooled, I took the wrappers off and  placed the muffins on a rack which was on top of a cookie sheet. This was to catch the icing that fell off of the muffins while I drizzled it over the muffins.



Now... PICTURE TIME.

No comments:

Post a Comment