Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Planning my Table of Contents

I have analyzed two magazine's table of contents and have created an idea in my head of what I want mine to look like. This is what I want the basic layout to look like:

       


I decided to copy the layout of the "Editor's Note" from Southern Living: Our Best Recipes because I loved the simplicity of it. It is simply a picture and text on a white background. I think it perfectly allows the story to be heard and stand out with a picture to make it more appealing. 

Both magazines had a "On the Cover" section of some sort, which I thought was also important to have for my magazine as well. I also want to add a solid color text box like Kraft did to add color to the page while giving a background story to the recipe, which is the overall goal of my magazine. For the layout, I used a similar one to Kraft because I thought the large picture taking up half the page was just the right placement.

I also decided I wanted to use the same text format as Kraft: Food & Family's table of contents because I think it also does a good job of getting the titles and page numbers across but making certain words/letters bolded or colored adds a visual appeal to the page. I also want to add a picture at the bottom just to add another item to the page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment