Sunday, April 17, 2016

My Cover Page

For my masthead, I chose colors that I thought properly represented the "Sweet Tooth" title.  The colors are baby pink and mint green. To create this font, I drew it out the way I wanted, and then scanned the letters onto my computer.


Next, I drew over the letters with a similar color on my Preview app on my Mac. I decided not to use the tooth anywhere in the graphic because I thought it took away from the 'baking' aspect of the magazine.
Now, I am going to choose a picture from my choices and create my cover page.
Here is the start of the cover page: 


Now for the cover lines and other details...


I decided to use colors and bold letters in my cover lines to draw attention to the more important cover lines. I also added a page number for the cover image's recipe, and a "SUMMER 2016" edition below the masthead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment