Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Cover Page Recipe

This week I looked through old recipe books that my great uncle has left for his family after his passing, and decided to use a book called, "Lenotre's Desserts and Pastries." It was a book that he used quite often, including in his bakery. One of the recipes is called a Genoise cake. It was the primary cake batter that he used. I also decided to add blueberries and lemon juice to the cake because I want to keep a summer theme throughout the magazine edition. I made this decision because both the magazines that I analyzed were either a "fall" theme with browns and oranges, or a "spring" theme with rainbow colors and pastels. My theme is "summer," so there are mainly blues and yellows, with some pink. The bright colors, along with the actual fruits used (lemons and blueberries) create a light and fresh feel.

This recipe has character. It is about 40 years old and has been used in a popular bakery from 1960s to 1980s (Andalusia Bake Shop). It was my great uncle's go-to recipe.



No comments:

Post a Comment